Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    Nobody has started a thread bashing him today...... Great work.

    I figured I might go ahead and get that in before someone else post some nonsense BS that gets argued on the wrong forum for the 100th time this month. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    I haven't noticed anybody "bashing" Obama. I have noticed a few references to his past. If a person could possibly become the next President of The United States do you really think his past should not be brought to light?? Should it simply be swept under the rug??

    Personally, I think ANY American, especially a Presidential candidate, should show a little more respect for out National Anthem.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N8QCkg...eature=related

    Should a Presidential candidate refer to Louis Farrakham a "great American"?

    Would you really feel comfortable with a President who listened to Jeramiah Wright for over 20 years?

    How about a President who had a close personal relationship with William Ayers? OR has anybody even bothered to find out anything about this??

    How about his association with Tony Rezko?
    From the Chicago Sun-Times
    "Rezko built part of his fortune by exploiting the black community that Obama had served in the state Senate, and by milking government programs meant to benefit black-owned businesses. But Obama took Rezko's money even after the businessman was sued by the city of Chicago for failing to heat his low-income apartments, and even after Rezko was caught using a black business partner to obtain a minority set-aside for a fast-food franchise at O'Hare Airport.

    Now Rezko is wearing an orange jumpsuit. And Obama may spend the rest of the presidential campaign wearing the jacket for his friendship with the fixer."

    People really need to check out a few things before deciding on a presidential candidate. All this and more has already been brought to light and the general election race has barely begun. It's gonna be interesting to find out how much more Obama has been up to in his shady life.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    There you go bashing him with all your silly little "facts". Did you forget the rules of internet forums, especially this one. There is no place for facts and the only thing that matters is "my opinion".

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    No matter who's running for president...they're going to have someone associated with them that someone doesn't like. No matter how good a person is, I'd almost 100% guarantee you that there's a friend of their's that is an unsavory individual at best. I've got friends that stand for things that I don't stand for and that most people don't--but guess what...I'm still their friend b/c I've got ties to them above and beyond any controversy--doesn't mean that I subscribe to exactly the same things they do.

    For example--I've got a pretty good friend that I would do just about anything for that has been in and out of prison the past 5-6 years for various drug offenses. Now--does that make me a druggie or drug dealer? No...it makes me a friend of one, but I've never done a single illicit drug in my life. I don't approve of his lifestyle, and he as well as my other friends/family know that. But--he's my friend.

    If I ran for president, would there be threads on here everyday linking me to this friend of mine? Yes. Would THAT mean that, just since any news outlet reports it, that I am the same as my friend? Absolutely no. Would the fact he's my friend mean that I would either enable him with my power if elected, or that I would let him make crucial decisions if I were president? No.

    But that's what we're assuming with Obama. How short-sided can you get. Just like we should be wary of voting for Obama just because we want the opposite of Bush, we should be wary of voting against Obama just because so-and-so is his friend and not him. Just because you have "ties" to something or someone doesn't mean you are the same as them.

    I'd say we'll also be finding out a lot more about McCain in the following months as well...but we have to be careful to vote for the man and not who he's tied to, necessarily. Besides--I'd rather either McCain/Obama have the worst ties in the world that don't actually affect how they're going to run the country as president, than have Bush who's personal/business ties have basically bore out to be the reason behind about every step of his presidency.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Roy_Macavoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    Chubz for prez!
    f' obama in the a
    ---Grip it.....and Rip It---

    Gym Monster-Gettin' the train everyday!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    Roy is back on the forum? Last I heard you were living with a mexican in Norton.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Roy_Macavoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    Roy is back, much to the delight of most members of the forum (and of course chubzie). Norton was just too much for Roy, nowhere really to get some good golfing practice in, and the mexican was too much, don't know how many times i had to let her know that a closet wasn't for sleeping, especially when she tried to fit her three brothers, two sisters, and her uncle in there with her.
    grip it and rip it!
    ---Grip it.....and Rip It---

    Gym Monster-Gettin' the train everyday!!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    I was waiting for someone to try that, didn't really expect it to be you Cane. That is not comparing apples to apples. With obama this wasn't just his "friend" it was the person he looked to for guidance and leadership and supported monetarily for 20 years. You don't look to your friend for guidance and leadership do you, you don't give your friend a check every month because you want to let him keep doing what he's doing do ya. Nice try but not even close to being a good argument against his affiliation with Wright.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheBeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There you go bashing him with all your silly little "facts". Did you forget the rules of internet forums, especially this one. There is no place for facts and the only thing that matters is "my opinion".

    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] </div></div>

    Yeah, it seems a lot of people here are not interested in facts at all. they want to tie McCain to Bush simply they belong to the same party. The fact that they have disagreed on almost everything is not important. But then mention Obama and his sleezy associates and the rules change. He is not like them just because he has associated with them for years. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] Anybody wanna buy some oceanfront property on High Knob??
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  10. #10
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Finally good news for Barack Obama..........

    Bush supports the Iraq war, McCain supports the Iraq war. To me thats really all I need to know.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •